STREATHAM PARK SURGERY
Welcome to our website.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways.
What's the risk of catching coronavirus in the UK?
The UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public from low to moderate. But the risk to individuals remains low.
Health professionals are working to contact anyone who has been in close contact with people who have coronavirus.
How coronavirus is spread
Because it's a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person.
Similar viruses spread in cough droplets.
It's highly unlikely coronavirus can be spread through packages from affected countries or through food.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
Call 111 now if you've been:
- to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if you do not have symptoms)
- to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus
Do not go to a GP surgery or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Tell 111 about any recent travel and any symptoms you have.
How to isolate yourself if you could have coronavirus
If there's a chance you could have coronavirus, you may be asked to isolate yourself.
This means that for 14 days after returning from China or other specified areas, you should:
- stay at home
- not go to work, school or public areas
- not use public transport or taxis
- ask friends, family members or delivery services to carry out errands for you
- try to avoid visitors to your home – it's OK for friends, family or delivery drivers to drop off food
While the risk to people in the UK is low, these steps can help reduce the possible spread of infection.
Treatment for coronavirus
There is no specific treatment for coronavirus.
Treatment aims to relieve the symptoms while your body fights the infection.
Page last reviewed: 12 February 2020
Next review due: 14 February 2020
Streatham Park Surgery would like to invite you to join DoctorLink.
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; Doctor Link is our new online service where you can access advice and appointments online.
Registration is simple and you can register here:
For MITCHAM LANE Patients:-
For FRANCISCAN ROAD Patients
For all URGENT ON THE DAY APPOINTMENTS, we ask that you undertake a symptom assessment through DoctorLink.
The symptom checker will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem.
The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self care.
If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required, you simply click on the request appointment link.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange an appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.
You can even download the App on:-
The NHS Friends and Family Test
Here at Streatham Park Surgery we are constantly striving to improve our services and need your feedback to improve the care we provide.
Here are a selection of the feedback remarks we have received from our January 2020 Friends and Family Tests:
- Very helpful and friendly receptionist.
- New doctor easy to talk to and caring.
- The receptionists at Franciscan road are incredibly helpful and you always feel valued and important that they want to help I didn't have a long wait, it was easy to get an appointment and the reception staff and Dr Oganya was so great! Friendly, easy-going and incredibly helpful.
- The doctor I see understands and advises me and it makes gives peace of mind that he's got my best intentions in mind
- Because the doctors are caring and also the reception staff are friendly and very helpful.
- All the time I visited you every one from staff is very helpful and polite. Explain everything and answer on all my questions. Thank you
- Seen same day even though regular doctor was unwell. The alternative doctor was brilliant
- I can make an appointment to sees doctor on the day. Easy to get an appointment
- Issues in the past re repeat prescriptions and blood tests though things seem to be improving now which is good. Blood test today was fine seen punctually and practitioner was friendly, professional and totally competent. Reception staff also friendly and professional. Today was how it should be. Just keep this up!
- I have always had good service from the practice
- Dr Kelechi Oganya was so considerate and made me feel comfortable to talk to him about a matter that was so sensitive to talk about and he was very helpful.Very good doctor
No comments listed
We are introducing Patient Access to our patients.
This will allow you to
Book appointments online
View tests results
View parts of your medical records.
If you would like to register for Patient Access, please ask a member of the reception team for a registration form. Please note that you will be asked to bring in photographic ID and a bill at your current address within the last 3 months to verify your identification.
Streatham Park Surgery is now linked to the app available for apple or android phones.
By downloading the app you can
Receive Health promotion messages
Receive appointment reminders
Please click on the following link https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-549305177 to view our current rating and download our latest inspection report.